Helping you live your way
YellowBridge manages a number of houses in Toowoomba to provide supported independent living for our residents.
Our trained support staff provide daily assistance to ensure you are safe and comfortable in your home.
Who is eligible?
You may be considered for a residential place if you:
- Receive Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding
- Are working towards SIL funding with the Exploring Housing Options package
How it works
We will help you identify your living needs, match you with a compatible roommate and assist you during your residency. We will:
- Identify your living needs – Low, Standard, High
- Match you with a suitable roommate
- Help you plan a household budge
- Provide training support staff who can assist with medication, food preparation and household management
The SIL process
When your SIL funding is due for review, we will work with you to identify your living needs and submit a quote as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme SIL process. Your SIL quote may include funding allowance for when you need support:
- At home
- Sleepover/awake shifts
- Doctors’ appointments (if not included in Social and Community Support)
- Public holidays
- Sick days
What is not included
- Rent (you may have Specialist Disability Accommodation within your NDIS Plan – this is separate from SIL)
- Social and community supports
- Groceries, utilities, maintenance and furnishings
- Lawn services (this is available through our Home Services program)
- Transport (this may be included in the NDIS Plan)
Leaving a house
When you choose to exit a house, we will help you with the transition and provide the necessary information to your new provider.