As your needs change, it might be necessary to make a few adjustments around your home so you are safe and comfortable and can remain living independently.

We can arrange minor and major modifications to your home. It could be something small like the installation of a grab rail, handheld shower hose or handrail. Or, it might be a larger job like a remodelled bathroom or a wheelchair ramp.

An occupational therapist will work with you to understand your needs and recommend suitable changes around your home. We will then arrange the right tradespeople to get the job done.

How it works


1. Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and request an assessment from an occupational therapist.
2. Occupational therapist completes an assessment, identifies what modifications you need and sends a referral to us at YellowBridge.


3. We receive your referral and organise a quote from our list of approved builders.
4. We then send you a letter with copy of quote and a Funding Assistance Officer.
5. To accept the Funding Assistance Offer, just sign and return it to us.
6. We then issue a works approval to the relevant builder. (If you choose to not accept the Funding Assistance Offer, we close the referral and you will need to repeat the process if you want to apply for modifications in the future).


7. The builder will contact you to arrange a formal contract and date to commence work.
8. The builder will register the contract with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission which automatically gives you building insurance for the work (if the works are over $3300).
9. The builder completes the work and notifies us.
10. We notify your OT who will arrange to inspect the work.


11. You will receive a tax invoice from either us or the builder for your share of the job cost as outlined in your Funding Assistance Officer.
12. We record what work has been completed and then send a full report to the relevant government department.

To discuss your needs, contact us today.