We manage more than 130 residential properties and provide accommodation for people needing short and long term housing options. To be eligible for housing assistance in our program, you must have an active application with the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy as we can only assist people who have been directly referred to us via the Department.
If you, or someone you know, is in need of housing or homelessness support, please visit the Toowoomba Housing Hub for advice on the ground floor at 10 Russell Street in Toowoomba or phone them on (07) 4699 4440.
The CRS rovides short-term transitional housing to eligible people who have an active application with the Department of Housing and Public Works which is classified as very high or high need for social housing assistance.
We rent privately owned properties through real estates or direct with the owner, and also manage a number of properties owned by the Department of Housing and Public Works. We then rent these properties to eligible applicants.
This short-term transitional program is designed to assist people to obtain and maintain a tenancy enabling us to provide a positive rental reference and help move them onto a sustainable long-term housing solution. These long-term solutions can include moving into the private rental market through an owner or real estate agent, long-term social housing provided by a community housing provider, or public housing through the Department of Housing and Public Works.
For tenants residing in CRS properties, rent is calculated at 25% of the assessable incomes as identified in the Community Housing Rent Policy or the market rent of the property, whichever is lowest. There is a simple to use calculator available here.
Community Managed Studio Units provide secure and longer-term housing for people moving from crisis accommodation. These are fully furnished studio units and designed for individuals who are able to live independently.
For tenants that reside in the Community Managed Studio Units, the rent is calculated on 25% of assessable incomes and tenants will be charged an additional 3% to their rent for the fully furnished units. The maximum amount of rent that a tenant can be charged is either the 28% of the household income or the market rent for the property, whatever the lowest amount is.
LTCH provides longer term accommodation for eligible households who require this assistance and security. We manage a number of LTCH properties and, as with the CRS properties mentioned above, these are filled via referral from the Department of Housing and Public Works.
For tenants residing in LTCH properties, rent is calculated at 25% of the assessable incomes as identified in the Community Housing Rent Policy or the market rent of the property, whichever is lowest. There is a simple to use calculator available here.